Have a closer look at our suppliers in Turkey.
Organic Cotton (natural fiber)
The reason we use organic cotton instead of conventional cotton is quite simple; It’s better for you and for the planet. Of course, the farming and processing require more knowledge and observation, and is far more expensive and complicated than the production of conventional cotton. However, opposite conventional cotton that uses roughly 7% of the world’s pesticides and 16% of the world’s insecticides, organic cotton uses none!
- 71% less water is used in the production compared to conventional cotton
- No toxic chemicals used to grow the cotton
- The cotton-farmers aren’t exposed to any kind of chemicals
- It is better for the planet, and for you!
- The farming and the processing require more knowledge
- It is more complicated to produce compared to conventional cotton production
- It is more expensive compared to the conventional production of cotton
- It still needs a lot of water to grow the cotton
Lyocell is a light and biodegradable material. Its fibers are stronger than other similar fibers, which means you are getting a shirt which lasts longer and looks better for a longer period. Lyocell is also known by the name Tencel and is made from Eucalyptus trees. This is a fast-growing plant, which does not require tons of water or pesticides to grow. After harvesting the Eucalyptus tree, the tree is soaked in a solution called amine oxide, which is non-toxic. The amine oxide extracts the raw cellulose, so it can be made into fibers which can be spun into yarn, and lastly fabrics.
- Lyocell is very environmentally friendly, because it is produced in a closed loop, so all chemicals used are recycled
- It is a strong material, quick drying and has a good absorbency
- The absorbency is 50% better than cotton, and because of the incredibly good absorbency, the material is anti-bacterial
- The fabric feels very light and soft, and doesn’t absorb sweat odor
- 100% biodegradable
- And fun fact – it is made from trees
- It is an expensive material
…is the fiber that has the highest elasticity. We use this fiber because of its extensibility and flexibility which causes a better fit and movement to our products.
- Very high elasticity
- Helps clothes retain shape
- Generally, improves fit
- Comfortable fit and to wear
- The elastic will break over time
- Will make even the strongest materials weak, because of its stretch ability
- When this material is washed, it can leak out microplastic in the oceans. To minimize this, place the clothes in filter bags or place laundry balls in the washing machine.