What to wear when cold? We’ve got the answer to that; Merino wool blended with cotton. Merino wool is a lot softer and thinner than other kinds of wool, which makes it possible for us to make classic, ageless products that fit everyone.
Organic Cotton (natural fiber)
The reason we use organic cotton instead of conventional cotton is quite simple; It’s better for you and for the planet. Of course the farming and process requires more knowledge and observation, and is far more expensive and complicated than the production of conventional cotton, but opposite conventional cotton that uses roughly 7% of the worlds pesticides and 16% of the worlds insecticides, organic cotton uses none!
- 71% less water is used in the production compared to conventional cotton
- No toxic chemicals used on the field where the cotton grows
- The cotton-farmers aren’t exposed to any kind of chemicals
- It’s better for the planet and for you
- It’s more expensive compared to production of conventional cotton
- It still needs a lot of water to grow the cottonLyocell/TencellLyocell is a light and biodegradable material. Its fibers are stronger than other similar fibers, which means you are getting a shirt which lasts longer and looks better for a longer period. Lyocell is also known by the name Tencel and is made from Eucalyptus trees. This is a fast-growing plant, which does not require tons of water or pesticides to grow. After harvesting the Eucalyptus tree, the tree is soaked in a solution called amine oxide, which is non-toxic. The amine oxide extracts the raw cellulose, so it can be made into fibers which can be spun into yarn, and lastly fabrics.
- Lyocell is very environmentally friendly, because it is produced in a closed loop, so all chemicals used are recycled
- It is a strong material, quick drying and has a good absorbency
- The absorbency is 50% better than cotton, and because of the incredibly good absorbency, the material is anti-bacterial
- The fabric feels very light and soft, and doesn’t absorb sweat odor
- 100% biodegradable
- And fun fact – it is made from trees
- It is an expensive material