Have a closer look at our suppliers in Turkey.
The reason we use Organic Cotton is quite simple. It is better for the planet and better for you.
Yes, the farming and the process requires more knowledge, is more complicated and is more
expensive compared to the conventional production of cotton. However, when you learn the difference
between organic and non-organic we are sure you agree it is worth the extra hassle.
Conventional cotton is made using harmful chemicals that pollute the earth. In fact, cotton is one
of the most polluting crops to farm. The growing of conventional cotton uses roughly 7% of the
world’s pesticides and 16% – yes – 16%! of the world’s insecticides.
- 71% less water is used in the production compared to conventional cotton
- No toxic chemicals used to grow the cotton
- The cotton farmers aren’t exposed to any kind of chemicals
- It is better for the planet, and for you!
- The farming and the process requires more knowledge
- It is more complicated to produce compared to conventional cotton production
- It is more expensive compared to the conventional production of cotton
- It still needs a lot of water to grow the cotton
Lyocell is a light and biodegradable material. Its fibers are stronger than other similar fibers, which means you are getting a shirt which lasts longer and looks better for a longer period of time. Lyocell is also known by the name Tencel and is made from Eucalyptus trees. This is a fast-growing plant, which does not require tons of water or pesticides to grow. After harvesting the Eucalyptus tree, the tree is soaked in a solution called amine oxide, which is non-toxic. The amine oxide extracts the raw cellulose, so it can be made into fibers which can be spun into yarn, and finally fabrics.
- Lyocell is very environmentally friendly, because it is produced in a closed loop, so all chemicals used are recycled
- It is a strong material, quick drying and has a good absorbency
- The absorbency is 50% better than cotton, and because of the incredibly good absorbency, the material is anti-bacterial
- The fabric feels very light and soft, and doesn’t absorb sweat odor
- 100% biodegradable
- And fun fact – it is made from trees
- It is an expensive material